Advertising Account Executive (full time)
Arlington Magazine is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Advertising Account Executive. He/she will be responsible for selling advertising across a variety of platforms, including Arlington Magazine, Bethesda Magazine and our digital offerings.
The Advertising Account Executive’s responsibilities include:
- Developing advertising prospects, making sales presentations, closing new business, maintaining client relationships and securing renewals.
- Maintaining current account information and an up-to-date record of contacts with clients and prospects.
- Preparing sales reports for management.
- Other client management responsibilities, including expediting the delivery of advertising materials; helping to collect payment from first-time advertisers; and assisting with the collection of outstanding payments from advertisers, as needed.
- Sales experience required; ad sales experience preferred.
- Proven ability to exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborative and consultative; focused on building relationships.
- Positive, outgoing and personable; ability to work well with a team.
- Strong professionalism, judgment and integrity.
- Excited about Arlington Magazine and the community; eager to grow with the business.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and sales management tools.
- A minimum of a BS/BA from a four-year institution.
The position is ideal for individuals who are excited about the community and value a flexible/telecommuting work arrangement. Compensation is based on commissions. Send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.