Feast on These Super Bowl LVII Game-Day Specials
Whether you're looking for a watch party at a bar or hosting one of your own, we've got your snacks right here. 🏈
Let the game-day countdown begin! It’s never too soon to make Super Bowl plans, and this year’s match-up between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles calls for good grub. Whether you’re looking for a rowdy watch party at your favorite bar or a savory spread to enjoy from home, we’ve rounded up some great food and drink options:
Find both carry-out and “in-haus” specials at this sports bar and beer garden in Courthouse. Patrons who stay to watch the game in-person can take advantage of $1 wing specials and $1 off all draft beers. But if you’d prefer to tune in from your couch, pick up buy-one-get-one wings (minimum order of six) and draft beer to go—crowlers are $2 off, while growlers are $5 less than the standard price. // 2300 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington (Courthouse)
Crystal City Sports Pub
Double-down on Super Bowl eats with the party package at this longtime sports bar, featuring not one but two buffets. Tickets ($50) include a pre-game spread of buffalo chicken dip, wings, marinated meatballs, fried appetizers and crudités. At halftime, dig into chicken piccata, baked salmon, filet mignon, risotto and garlic green beans. The price of admission includes tax and gratuity, as well as guaranteed seating and raffle tickets. Drinks are an additional cost. Oh, and did we mention they’ve got an 18-foot “video wall”? // 529 23rd St. S., Arlington (National Landing)
First Down Sports Bar & Grill
First Down has been dishing out Super Bowl specials for nearly 15 years, including its famous wings, served in more than 40 iterations, from spicy garlic butter to mango habanero. To box some up for your home viewing party, place your order by 5 p.m. on Feb. 11 (they sell an estimated 13,000 each Super Bowl!). Or, stay and watch the action on one of the bar’s 30-plus TV screens. Dine-in specials include $6 appetizers, discounted American Harvest vodka drinks, and stadium tall beer cans for $9. // 4213 N. Fairfax Drive, Arlington (Ballston)
Head to this colorful Rosslyn destination for Peruvian fare and ‘Gram-worthy moments around 6:30 p.m. to catch the start of the game and enjoy specials on beer buckets, tequila drinks, wings, burgers and chicken sandwiches. Want to ensure you’ve got a seat? Order tickets in advance ($6) for a beer bucket and table for two. // 1776 Wilson Blvd., Arlington (Rosslyn)
Though it’s best known for its pizza, chef Johnny Spero’s casual kitchen also serves up hickory-smoked wings, burgers and buffalo-chicken-meets-bacon-meets-ranch fries. The sports bar has plenty of room (some 10,000 square feet) and several TVs that should make it fairly easy to watch the game from all angles. For a takeout feast, try the pre-order package: a one-topping 20-inch pizza, wings, garlic-pesto cheesy bread and 2-liter soda for $58. // 1201 S. Joyce St., Arlington (Westpost)
Punch Bowl Social
Get to this Ballston entertainment hub around 4 p.m. to grab a seat for the big game and enjoy snacks such as queso, cauliflower nachos and chilled shrimp lettuce wraps. And if your team prevails, stick around after the winner is crowned (or doused in champagne) for an after-party with a DJ. Want an especially memorable experience? Purchase a VIP ticket ($60) to enjoy a view of the game from the VIP lounge, as well as a buffet and two drink tickets. // 4238 Wilson Blvd., #1180, Arlington (Ballston)
The Ballston beer hall and pizza joint is offering a free slice of cheese pizza with any beer or cocktail order through the beginning of halftime on game day. You can also enjoy $4 Miller Lites and $6 New Realm Haze Dipper Hazy Pale Ale all day long. // 4001 Fairfax Drive, Arlington (Ballston)
Texas Jack’s Barbecue
Spice up your game-day spread with barbecue from this neighborhood smokehouse, going on 8 years. Happy hour is an all-day affair on Super Bowl Sunday and includes drink specials and discounts on wings, sliders, brisket egg rolls and other munchies. // 2761 Washington Blvd., Arlington (Lyon Park)
The Glebe Road mainstay with more than a dozen TVs is offering several food and drink specials on game day. Among them are $4 Miller beers and Bud Lights, $6 nachos, $7 mozzarella sticks and sliders for $7.50. Never had a “ski chip”? Try a basket of the blue cheese-drenched potato chips for $6. // 2163 N. Glebe Road, Arlington
Hey, why not make it a brunchy affair? Wilson Hardware is kicking off an all-day brunch party from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Snag 50-cent mimosa refills (for guests who have purchased a $20 carafe) and Sunday favorites such as salmon Benedict. Then stay to catch the game on a 180-inch projection screen. // 2915 Wilson Blvd., Arlington (Clarendon)
Hosting your own Super Bowl gathering at home and need some more options? Try these:
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken: Add some themed sweets to your spread with these limited-quantity, football-shaped doughnuts, for $4.25 each. Call to pre-order.
- Chiko: Score a bucket of 20 dry-spiced, double-fried wings and “DIY” bulgogi tots for $57.
- Lebanese Taverna: Order a Super Bowl party platter of Eastern Mediterranean favorites, including chicken shawarma and Lebanese “camel wings,” for $45.
- Liberty Barbecue: The touchdown bundle includes one or two meats (brisket, smoked pulled pork, pork belly char-siu style), three sides, a dozen potato rolls, chips and queso, sauces and pickles for $169.99. Add-ons and growlers are also available. Same-day orders can be made while supplies last.
- Liberty Tavern: Find loads of shareables and pizza to-go at this Clarendon eatery, including wood-smoked chicken wings, queso, calamari and “The Dude” pizza.
- Open Road: Both the Rosslyn and Merrifield locations will carry a pre-order platter with wings, chicken tenders, chicken bites. The Merrifield options also include pizza. Orders begin Feb. 3.
- Poppyseed Rye: Find two sizes of sandwich platters, accompanied by chips and soda, at this Ballston cafe.
- Smokecraft: Choose from a variety of carryout spreads, including a build-your-own-nachos or barbecue sampler platter. A la carte options are also available. Pre-order by 5 p.m. on Feb. 11.
- Taco Bamba: The big game party platter comes with 18 Bamba wings and Bamba nachos with lots of fixings for $75.